Telephone / Fax
0114 263 0033
07713 656 301
Alpaca Stud Service
Where do Alpacas Come from?
All the information to answer the questions are on our website
Stud services purchased from Mayfield Alpacas will be provided subject to the following terms and conditions
Welcome to Mayfield Alpacas Stud Services.
After 13 years of breeding top quality Alpacas we are proud to be able to offer some of the UK's premier males for stud services.
Our on-site stud services follow a stringent Bio Security procedure which ensures that your females receive the best possible care and attention whilst on livery at Mayfield Alpacas.
Our off-site stud service is conducted as a drive by mobile service and for this reason is limited to a 75mile radius of our farm. Although this service is usually more expensive than our on site service you benefit from keeping your females on your own farm during the mating and pregnancy confirming stages.
This service is of particular interest to those customers who have a larger number of females to cover especially if they already have new born cria at foot.
We are sorry but we only provide off site residential stud services (where our stud male stays on your farm) to customers personally known to us for the safeguard, health and wellbeing of our valuable stud males.
Please refer to our terms and conditions for more details. We look forward to meeting you and your girls. Please contact Elaine with your requirements.
- The purchase price for a stud service includes the cost of feed and bedding whilst the female is at Mayfield Alpacas.
- Mayfield Alpacas provides the guarantee of a live cria born and standing or a free return to service under the same terms as this agreement. No other guarantee is offered or implied.
- Mayfield alpacas reserve the right to charge for any special dietary or medicinal requirements that the owner may request at an additional cost.
- Delivery and collection of females may be available but this will be through separate agreement.
- Although Mayfield Alpacas will endeavour to provide the very best of husbandry for all animals on their property, they will not accept any liability for loss or damage to the client female. All female alpacas are kept on Mayfield Alpacas property at their owners risk and owners should be aware that insurance for their animals is their responsibility throughout the duration of stay. Third party and public liability insurance should be maintained throughout the duration of stay.
- Mayfield Alpacas reserves the right to use veterinary services as required. The owner irrevocably authorises Mayfield Alpacas or Mayfield Alpacas agent to instruct a veterinary surgeon to attend to the needs of your alpaca and administer such treatments or procedures as are deemed necessary by the attending veterinary surgeon. In times of emergency or urgency Mayfield Alpacas may incur additional call out or emergency charges. All veterinary costs incurred including, where applicable pregnancy diagnosis, will be met by the purchaser.
- All females must have been wormed within one week and at least 48 hrs prior to delivery for service. The purchaser of the stud service must ensure that any animal being sent for service is healthy and in good condition.
- All Females must have no more than 12 months growth of fibre. Mayfield Alpacas reserve the right to trim the fleece of the female to be bred if it is considered too long for efficient and safe mating.
- All costs incurred in relation to the servicing and any additional costs are to be paid in full prior to the return/collection of the animal.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties unless expressly replaced by a new agreement in writing between the parties.
- Mobile services, on farm service and on farm male hire are available by and subject to a separate agreement.